Monday 8 August 2016

Kiwisports reflection

Kiwisport reflection

WALT have control  when hitting the shuttle to our partner.

Today in Badminton we had the wonderful Kevin and Ben come to our school for 4 weeks to teach us some tricks and tips on the skills people need to know to play Badminton.

Today for Badminton our main goal was control. And to have control we needed to stay calm. So they taught us how to control the shuttle with our rackets and different ways how to use the rackets.

For an activity they put us in partners and we had to hit the shuttle to each other. Today my partner was Paige.

Today my strength was hitting the shuttle. I noticed that every time the shuttle was hit towards me I would try my best to hit it. And as I kept trying I also noticed that I got a bit tired and stated to lack of hitting the shuttle back to my partner. So then I tried standing there calmly and hitting the shuttle softly. It made it much more easier to contribute to this activity.

I think I need to work on my forearm. Forearm is a type of style of hitting the shuttle. I think it was difficult using that type of style and I would like to work on it more.

Next week I would like to learn how to use control while hitting the shuttle to our partner.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment